The holidays are a time for family, friends, and of course, lots of decorations. One of the most iconic decorations is the stocking hung by the fireplace. But what do you do if you don’t have a fireplace? Don’t worry, there are plenty of other ways to hang stockings this year.
Consider using a fireplace screen or mantel to display stockings. Drape the stockings over a window frame for a seasonally functional way to add storage and style. You can also fit hooks to a wall, door, or chair back for a temporary hanging spot.
Hang stockings from the back of a chair, couch, or bed frame. Or, use a stocking holder or hanger to keep them in place. A tree branch or curtain rod can also be used as a stocking hanger. You can even nail a small wooden plank to the wall and hang stockings from that.
Don’t have a fireplace? No problem! Here are some alternative ways to hang stockings this holiday season that will allow you to keep the classic tradition of hanging them near the chimney with care:
- Hang them on the wall in front of your TV with hooks and wire hangers.
- Hang them from the metal railing of your stairs.
- Hang them on a wall hook that’s typically meant to hold coats and jackets.
- If you don’t want stocking holders in your living space, here are some other options:
- Use three hooks and hang stockings from each one (one at the top, two below it).
- Use ribbon to make a loop at the top, then hang on nails.
- Hang stockings from three evenly spaced eye screws.
- Hang them with ribbon loops.
- Attach an old wooden dowel or broom handle to your wall at child height for stocking hangers.
- Use an old dresser drawer as a stocking holder – fill it with clothespins for easy access when hanging stockings
- Fill up an ottoman with pajamas and use that as your stocking holder instead!
- Decorate your Christmas tree with lots of lights so you can hang stockings there too!
- Hang them from the hooks on your front door (or the door to another room).
- Hang them on a wreath hanger.
The fireplace is the heart of a home. It’s where memories are made, gifts are opened and cozy nights begin. No matter what type of fireplace you have â gas, electric, or wood we have stockings that fit your style!
Check out our selection to find the perfect one for you and use #StockingsForYourStyle for a chance to be featured on our site!